The following is a list of some products and services that we recommend and (in most cases) have experience with. These are all companies we trust and hope that prove some benefit to you as well. If you know of any other product or service you have benefited from – please let us know. We’d love to hear about them.
(Note that many of the links are affiliate links – meaning we may get compensation if you buy through the links – of course, at no cost to you).
- The Total Money Makeover – This is the book that started it all for me (Aaron). Dave Ramsey explains in easy-to-understand language how to better manage your money and get out of debt. This is a must read for anyone who is at their wits end and needs some encouragement to get on the right track. It’s full of inspiring stories of folks who also hit rock bottom and turned their situation around.
- The Treasure Principle – One of the most influential books about how to relate money and spirituality. Was a life-changer for me (Aaron).
- Family Monthly/Yearly Budget (Excel doc)- This is what we use (Aaron) for our family. Very good spreadsheet that gives you an overall view of your finances and where money is going/coming in.
- Unbury.me – Handy website where you can plug in your debts and see how fast you can pay off those debts using an “avalanche” or “snow ball” approach.
- Amazon Gift Cards – I actually love getting gift cards because you can use the money on whatever you want. Plus, I’m cheap – so getting a gift I have to spend helps me alleviate any guilt I feel in spending our own money! (goofy, I know)
- PainCamp.com – If you live with chronic pain, this site aims to help others manage their pain and move on with their lives.