Amazon's PrimeDay is officially upon us. Whatever your thoughts are on this national shopping bonanza – one thing is for sure – it is probably one of the biggest sales days for the online shopping conglomerate.
As you may be aware, we're big fans of Amazon. They are making shopping easier and venturing into new technologies that will likely revolutionize how we live.
We're just not so sure about Amazon's PrimeDay. In the past, the retailer has struggled with some negative press on its maiden launch of the event (not so great deals) and we've noticed the same in subsequent years.
But if you're willing to look around – you may find some deals worth checking out.
There are a few highlights (already, as of 7/10 PM) to note. If you don't have Prime, now may be a good time to register.
A few things to check-out on PrimeDay
(With a little assist from our friends at MyMoneyBlog.com who have some $10 offers you may want to look into)
- $5 off $15+ purchase of print books with promo code PRIMEBOOKS17.
- Discounted gift cards from Panera, to UBER to others, check the page to see if one that you frequent may be on sale.
- $10 off $20 of Alexa orders – you'll have to go through through this page and order via your Alexa (ask, “Alexa, what are your deals?“)
The following deals will not be live until 7/10 at 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern. Alexa owners can access already at 4pm PT / 7pm ET.
- Amazon Echo now $89.99 (regular price $179.99)
- Amazon Echo Dot now $34.99 (regular price $49.99)
- Amazon Tap now $79.99 (regular price $129.99)
- All-New Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa (2017 version) now $29.99 (regular $49.99)
- All-New Fire HD 8 with Alexa (2017 version) now $49.99 (regular price 79.99)
- Kindle Paperwhite eReader now $89.99 (regular $119.99)
If you use the Amazon Prime store card, you can also get 20% back on thousands of items, like electronics, outdoor recreation, home, toys and more and 15% back on select Samsung TVs and audio items when you pay in full with this card.
Check back throughout the day as we'll try and note different deals that we spot. Please share any that you might spot as it could help another reader. Thanks!
TTG may receive a commission based on your purchases, at no cost to you. Thanks.
Avoid the temptation! Unless this stuff was already on your shopping list, it’s not worth it. You’re playing right into the hands of these companies if you buy something you normally wouldn’t have gotten.
You are right, Picky! It is so hard to resist these deals, and it is encouraging everyone just to accumulate more stuff.
In my situation yesterday, we broke down and bought three new Kindles for $120, which we are saving for Christmas presents. However, I had an itchy trigger finger to purchase more! :)