Much like the month before, April came and went. It is amazing, if you aren’t intentional with your days and hours, how the month can just slip past you so quickly.
Last month I really focused a lot on accomplishing some of my primary goals. I worked hard on controlling my eating, and getting good consistent workouts. In addition, the alternative sources of income have been heating up.
Last month I lost 9 pounds as I slimmed down the amount I was eating, and increased my workout. I have about 9 more to go before I will be at my idle marathon weight. We also started up our AirBnB business after a small hiatus. I’m excited about the summer and where AirBnB and blog income is going. I’m focused on learning more about dividend stocks, and what funds can produce another passive income stream. More to come in May’s report on this, which I’m excited about.
Here is a breakdown of my mortgage pay off countdown and how my passive incomes fared.
Mortgage Pay Off Countdown
Balance: $40, 247
Paid last month: $2,326.00
Extra Money That Was Applied: $1,018
Goal of Pay Off Date: August 2018
We got back on track to contributing more to our mortgage payoff to help us get to our goal of August 2018. We are going to need to stay laser focus on keeping our passive income streams up, and going towards debt freedom.
Here is a breakdown of my passive income streams from this past month and how we are doing it:
- Pension – [2017 Goal $1308] [made $436 in 2017] – didn’t lift a finger this past month to cash in on my previous employers pension and collected $109. Sweet!
- Blog Income – [2017 Goal – $7500] – [made $2299 in 2017] – April was another solid month with income in the $700 range again. I think this might drop a little bit as we enter the summer, but so far we are a quarter of the way through the year and I’m at 30.6% complete with this goal.
- AirBnB – [2017 Goal $2500] – [made $62 in 2017] – April we had our first stay of 2017, and the summer months are starting to heat up! I’m super excited about this extra income source, and hopeful with the opportunities that the summer will provide.
- Sell Stuff – [2017 Goal $2500] – [made $54 in 2017] – I really haven’t tried to sell anything this year, and am not confident that I’ll make the $2,500 goal. I’ll see how my other income sources go, but will probably be in a holding pattern with trying to sell stuff.
- Peer-to-Peer Lending – [2017 Goal $25] – [made $11.12 in 2017] – So far this year I’ve had three loans default, and I’m getting extremely disheartened with this investment. I pulled out a portion of my money this past month, and will probably slowly withdraw my investments in this passive income stream. I’d like to focus more on dividend growth stocks.
- YouTube Channel – [2017 Goal $25] – [made $12 in 2017] – didn’t earn much from YouTube this past month, but I’m still on track to make my yearly goal.
- Schwab Monthly Income Fund – [2017 Goal $10] – [made $2.94] – my 2016 investment of $500 from egg sales and selling other household items continues to pay dividends each month. I continue to reinvest these dividends to help grow this passive income.
That is the update for the past month on my passive incomes. Slowly making progress, so hopefully we can get this mortgage paid off and move onto bigger and better things.