Man, did the first month of 2016 go by fast or is it just me? It is amazing how fast one month goes by when you don’t plan out what you want to accomplish. Even when you set goals and work towards accomplishing something it is still amazing how time flies.
January has been another productive month and I saw a wide variance in some of my income sources. The nice thing is that certain incomes helped recoup losses in others. Another reason to have not just one income source! Here is a summary of January’s totals in comparison to last month’s.
As you can see my income was down slightly, but only by about $50. I was pleased overall with my performance, and the launch of our Two Checking Account Course. We partnered with a great bank, Northpointe Bank, that is offering a fabulous 5% interest checking account, which is pretty much unheard of. Here is a break down of how our Two Checking Account Course and my other income strea
- Pension – [2016 Goal – $1308] – rinse, wash, and repeat! Another $109 in the bank!
- Peer-to-Peer Lending – [2016 Goal – $100] – now on month #3 of investing in LendingClub.com. I was able to take my $24 from egg sales last month and invest it in lendingclub. A great example of one passive income feeding another.
- Egg Sales – [2016 Goal – $360] – as I wrote about back in January, my chickens went on a egg production strike and were only producing 0-1 eggs each day for about two weeks. Last week I put in a couple of heat lamps and
- Blog Income – [2016 Goal – $6000] – I shot pretty high for a yearly goal of $6000, and January started off on the right foot. Netted above $500, which I need per month in order to get to my goal, and made $630.
- Two Checking Account System – [2016 Goal – $500] – we launched the two checking account system on January 6th and have had ____ people signup for the course! We were able to have a significant number of readers that signed up for the 5% interest checking account, which benefited both them and us. I don’t have any totals to report yet until the revenue acutally hits our books. Be sure to check out Northpointe and get 5% interest and a $50 signing bonus for funding your new checking account. Make sure you tell them that ThreeThriftyGuys sent you, so you can score the $50 signing bonus!
- Schwab Monthly Income Fund – [2016 Goal – invest $1200 and make $100] – invested $100 automatically from the proceeds I had in the previous month of selling some gold/silver. Didn’t receive my first dividend, so I’m going to have to look into this! Maybe there is a minimum on the getting a dividend.
- Ebay/Craigslist/Coin Sales – [2016 Goal – $500] – sold a 1881 Morgan Silver dollar on Ebay for $63 and listed one of my Ooma Wireless Adapters on Amazon and made $34. Lastly, I had a neighbor give us a US Fedaral Reserve Booklet of four uncut $2 bills with a production certificate. Sold it on Ebay for a quick $24 on auction after fees. I had a few other items listed on both Craigslist and Ebay, but they didn’t sell. I think everyone was trying to recover from the heavy Christmas spending, so I have to assume online sales might be slow.
As you can see, we are making slow and stead progress to stay on target with our 2016 goals. The import thing to do is daily remind yourself of what are you aiming towards and focus your actions each day on getting towards there. On top of that it is important to see your monthly goals frequently, so that you don’t quickly forget.
So how are you coming on your 2016 goals? What struggles or successes are you having in reaching them? Share your story below in the comments section! We’d love to hear from you!