Some of the links on this page may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation if a purchase is made - at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on
As most of our readers know I spend a lot of time focusing on how to save money. Whether it be through reducing your fixed expense, to saving money online, and to saving money by switching your home phone to Ooma. It doesn’t matter. It’s all exciting to this thrifty guy! BOOM!
However, there comes a point where you can’t save any more. You’ve squeezed every nickel out of your fixed expenses. You’ve bought all your clothes from Goodwill and your house is set to 60 degrees every night when you go to bed. At some point you just realize that you are going to far to the extreme to save money. It eventually feels weighty and you realize you need to refocus.
That is what I’m going through right now. I’ve been realizing lately that I need to shift the focus to back to increasing my side hustles. How can I leverage my skills to make a little extra dough on the side? Can I get a show me the money yell (Jerry McGuire)? In writing this blog I feel like it gives me a platform to show what has worked for me and at the same time holds me accountable. So with that said, here are few ideas I hope to implement over the next 6 months to increase my multiple streams of income.
- Peer-to-peer lending – lately I’ve been eyeing using Lending Club to start my ventures into Peer-to-Peer lending. Initially I think I’ll start out with investing a small amount of about $150, and see how I do at first. I’m skeptical about lending to folks I don’t know (or folks I do know for that matter), and it could be a risky venture if the economy takes a nose dive. Goal: Make $50 by April 2016
- Dividend Investing – I want to start planting seeds of investing like a farmer plants corn seed every spring (a spin on words based on my last article). I want to start focusing on how to invest in companies that have little debt, low p/e, and pay out good dividends. The hope is to make a small initial stream of income that can slowly grow to a large income flowing river. Goal: make $100 by May 2016
- Tax Lien Investing – about seven years ago I started investing in tax liens in Nebraska and Iowa. It was paying 18-24%, and was a good source of extra income! I hope to start investing in tax liens again in the spring and summer of 2016 and cash in on these high interest rates.
- Selling Chicken Eggs – over the last two years I’ve started selling my farm fresh eggs. Lately, I’ve increase my prices to $4/dozen and $5.50/18 pack. I will start tracking my sales with an egg envelop system. Goal: Make $220 by April 15, 2016 and reinvest egg money in peer-to-peer lending.
- Starting my “special” blog class – Aaron and I are developing a new online course with some new media that we hope to capitalize on. Goal: is to generate $500 by November 2016
Well those are a few of goals and ideas to start my side hustles. I’d be interested to from some of our readers on ideas to make a little extra moolah. Leave a comment below with any suggestions and I just might use it!