There are some pieces of fire equipment that are more effective than others and the effectiveness depends on the dangers posed in your house specifically. Here is a list of some of the more commonly used pieces of fire equipment and how their use can be relevant to you:
- Fire Blanket – Fire blankets are best used in the kitchen. One of the most dangerous pieces of kitchen equipment is the chip pan, and the amount of fires this apparatus is known to cause is infamous. Thankfully the amount of chip pan fires has decreased with the evolution of safe home deep fat fryers. Fire blankets are still great to instantly control any small blaze in an enclosed space.
- Fire Extinguishers – Remember, not all fire extinguishers are made the same, to get the best quality, you need to go for a product that has the genuine full BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) certification and BSi Kitemark, a number one concern for all the Fire Extinguishers from fireprotectiononline.co.uk. There are 4 main types of fire extinguisher and these are:
– CO2 fire extinguishers – for electrical and flammable liquid fires
– Foam fire extinguishers – for wood, material and flammable liquids
– Water fire extinguishers – for wood, material and cloth
– Powder fire extinguishers – for all of the above
- Smoke Alarms – These are needed in all houses, not to mention workplaces and commercial buildings. Smoke alarms are the primary defence against injury in an emergency. All smoke alarms need to be maintained and have their batteries checked at least once a month. For even more peace of mind, research the evolution of smoke alarm technology and supply your house with some cutting edge fire protection.