Some of the links on this page may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation if a purchase is made - at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on
Today, on Cyber Monday, we are revealing our gift ideas for that thrifty man in your life. You know, the guy who shops the thrift stores, tries to stretch every dollar, loves duck tape and has his own coupon binder. Most of these gifts are under $50 – so they are nice on your budget.
Let us know if you have any other ideas in the comment section!
- Simplify book. If you have a Kindle or e-reader, a good book is from our friend Joshua Becker. Charlie interviewed him last year when he came to speak at his church. He currently has an e-book up on Amazon about simplifying your life. It’s #1 in self-help books and pretty affordable at $2.99.
- Handyman in Your Pocket book. The thrifty guy finds all sorts of ways to accomplish tasks that mere mortals could not. This mini-book will aid in that quest. $12.95 from Restoration Hardware.
- Stanley 84-519K 12-in-1 Multi Tool. Every man needs a utility tool. Here’s a good one for about $14 at Amazon.
- Coast 7050 Lantern 4C Emergency Area Light. Neat looking emergency LED light for those needed occasions. $16.80
- Callet phone protector/wallet. Great for your iPhone or Blackberry, this has some pockets in back for your credit cards and other miscellaneous items. $19.95
- The Doorganizer®. I think this product was invented with me in mind. Perfect for the thrifty guy who has a hard time remembering things. $11.99 at The Container Store.
- LCD Under Cabinet Mount. Thought this was pretty nifty. Looks like its easy-to-install too. $19.95 at Amazon.
- Metal Detector. This is for the thrifty, thrifty guy. Use it in the parks, in the aftermath of a fair or big event. $24 at Amazon.
- Solar charger. Perfect for camping / outdoor adventures – will charge your phone via the sun! A little spendier at $50 from Samsonite.
- Portable back-up charger for phone. I have one of these and love it. Very nice to have in case your phone runs out of battery life. $7.95 at Buy.com
- Conserve Socket™. Save electricity by using this socket to shut-down your appliances after a given time interval. $9.99 at Belkin.
- Kindle. This one is on my wish-list. Though a little spendy in price – you’ll probably make that up by the books being a little less expensive. $79 at Amazon.
- Discount gift cards/codes. What’s not to like about the gift card? Easy to use and allows the gifted to get whatever their heart desires. With buying discounted gift cards – you’ll be able to get a gift card/code for less than original price. We recommend Gift Card Granny or Cardpool.
- Lynda.com membership. I love this site. Very easy-to-use and has loads of helpful tips on software and other areas. $25 for monthly membership (other plans available).
- Striped polo golf shirt. Get this Lynx golf shirt for $8 at Golfsmith. Was $40. Limited time only.