There are some great uses for those cardboard rolls left behind after utilizing that last sheet of toilet paper or paper towel. Here’s a few ways we use them. Feel free to add some of your own!
- Storage for power cords. A great way to store and label all those power cords is to wrap them up and then store them in a paper towel roll. You can label their length too right on the outside.
- Papier-mache. I’m no craft expert, but cardboard makes a great base for your papier-mache projects.
- Pet toys. My wife inserts different goodies inside a leftover toilet roll, seals it up and puts it in our rabbit’s cage. It keeps the rabbit occupied for an hour or two. I’m sure cats would love it too.
- Making candles. Use the rolls to provide structure for your wax when making candles.
- Kindling. A great way to help start a fire is to fill an old roll with some dry sticks/kindling and put at the base of your wood to get er going.
- Scoop for bird feed. All you need to do here is to cut a half oval out of the end of the roll, close up the other end and use it to transfer seed to your feeders.
- Binoculars. Great little project for the kids! Grab two rolls and attach them to make a great toy.