With all the hoopla surrounding Harold Camping’s announcement that Jesus will be coming back May 21, I thought it fitting to add my two cents in the mix and offer some last minute preparation tips – in case things were to come to a screeching halt tomorrow.
- Square up with your maker. There isn’t much more time to do research on whether there is a God or not and who he may be, so better off accepting that someone had to organize and put all this stuff together. Next, you’ll need to find out how this creator revealed himself? Many people believe He came in the personhood of Jesus (roughly 1 in 3). Might as well jump on that boat and believe what He said when He was here (see John 14:6)
- Do you have a will? Don’t leave those left behind with a bunch of loose ends. Make sure you have your will ready and available.
- Have a night out on the town with family and friends. Use up those gift cards you’ve been saving and splurge a bit! Go out to that favorite restaurant, order a nice meal and take in a movie or two. We still recommend using coupons, if you got em. I mean, why not?
- Sleep under a table. Mr. Camping is predicting an earthquake of sorts tomorrow – so I recommend sleeping under a sturdy table tonight. You know, the kind your grandpa made back in the day.
- Don’t get too carried away with preparations. God’s been known to do some crazy things and I wouldn’t be surprised if He used a goofball to deliver a warning message (see John the Baptist), but don’t get too carried away with your preparations. Keep it simple. Know that Mr. Camping has been wrong before.
*I don’t believe Mr. Camping’s prophesy is true. And, Lord willing, I believe I’ll still need to complete that design project on Monday.