Some of the links on this page may contain affiliate links and we may receive compensation if a purchase is made - at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on
Ever wondered how to make some of the best cookies ever? We’ll I’ve got a great recipe for how to make cookies that will make your own Grandma jealous. I stole this recipe from my own Grandma and modified it so that it makes great cookie dough and the cookies turn out soft (and stay soft for days).
Add the following ingredients in this order
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (suggestion: organic sugar works even better then regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melt the butter in the microwave for about 25 seconds)
- 1/2 cup lard (suggestion: I don’t recommend Crisco because of the trans fats, but organic lard is better)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp imitation vanilla
- 2 tsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 bag of chocolate chips (don’t be stingy on the chocolate chip! Also adding M&M’s is great too!!)
Stop, get a big spoon, and test taste the cookie dough. You probably won’t be able to stop at one scoop! :)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Bake for 6 minutes then bang the pan (helps latten them and keep the chewiness together)
- Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 more minutes bang the pan one last time
- If cookies appear done then quickly remove and put them on a cooling rack
The main secrets to this recipe is the banging of the pan only twice during baking and the usage of half lard/half butter. My mom and grandma only used lard, but I found adding half & half makes for better dough and chewier cookies. Test the recipe out and let me know how they turned out for you!