I'm a big fan of Craigslist and their community is very active in the area I live. One of the features I use to track for deals or items that I want is their RSS search feeds. I use the RSS feeds to pull them into google reader. With this RSS reader I'm able to track deals on multiple topics. The RSS readers allows me to track these kind of like an e-mail inbox and also helps me follow other blogs without having to go to their site.
Here is one example of how I use the craigslist RSS feeds to track neighborhood garage sales in my city.
- Go to https://omaha.craigslist.org
- Click “garage & moving sales”
- Search “neighborhood”
- At the bottom right of the search results notice the RSS button. Right click on it and hit copy
- Go to https://www.google.com/reader or whatever reader you use
- Click “add a subscription” and paste in the RSS feed you just copied
Its as simple as that! Now anytime new posts to craigslist (to this specific search) will appear in bold on the left hand column. This search feature is extremely helpful if you are tracking for something that is rarely posted like a vintage radio or 1965 Ford Mustang. It will help you stay on top of newly posted deals and grab them before anyone else.
No comment yet, add your voice below!