The following is a list of some products and services that we recommend and (in most cases) have experience with. These are all companies we trust and hope that prove some benefit to you as well. If you know of any other product or service you have benefited from – please let us know. We’d love to hear about them.
(Note that many of the links are affiliate links – meaning we may get compensation if you buy through the links – of course, at no cost to you).
- BillCutterz – These guys will help cut your bills by negotiating them on your behalf – and then split the difference with you for helping you out.
- FamZoo - Great website for helping teach your child about money matters.
- Ask a Financial Advisor – NerdWallet has put this great resource together where you can ask actual advisors questions and even find the right one for you.
- Debt-Proof Living – Mary Hunt (who we’ve mentioned before) has a money management plan that can get you on the road to financial freedom, get out of debt and stay out. You can use coupon code 3thrifty for 15% off a 12 month membership (retail $29, discount of $4.35 with coupon so less than $25 for a year).
- Microblogger – If you want some great insights from a guy who has been very successful making money at blogging, check out this site. Curated by Jim of Bargaineering.com.
- The Total Money Makeover - This is the book that started it all for me (Aaron). Dave Ramsey explains in easy-to-understand language how to better manage your money and get out of debt. This is a must read for anyone who is at their wits end and needs some encouragement to get on the right track. It’s full of inspiring stories of folks who also hit rock bottom and turned their situation around.
- The Treasure Principle - One of the most influential books about how to relate money and spirituality. Was a life-changer for me (Aaron).
- Family Monthly/Yearly Budget (Excel doc)- This is what we use (Aaron) for our family. Very good spreadsheet that gives you an overall view of your finances and where money is going/coming in.
- Unbury.me – Handy website where you can plug in your debts and see how fast you can pay off those debts using an “avalanche” or “snow ball” approach.
- Amazon Gift Cards - I actually love getting gift cards because you can use the money on whatever you want. Plus, I’m cheap – so getting a gift I have to spend helps me alleviate any guilt I feel in spending our own money! (goofy, I know)
- LegalZoom.com - From creating a will – to getting incorporated for a business – LegalZoom is a great resource for any and all legal documents you may need.
- PainCamp.com – If you live with chronic pain, this site aims to help others manage their pain and move on with their lives.
- SimpleDollar – Offers this great resource page to help you navigate health insurance. Page has state specific information and contact information as well.
- BackyardChickenGuide.com – If you are interested in raising your own chickens – check out this helpful website that offers tips, chicken breeds and chicken raising products.
- Art for Your Blog – Do you have a website or blog and you wish to get affordable, royalty-free illustrations for it?
- Dreamhost - I’ve been with Dreamhost since 2006 and have been a satisfied customer. Many times they will run some good deals – including free domain names with the purchase of hosting services.
- The Theme Foundry – TTG uses their Vigilance theme. We love the simplicity of their designs and they have excellent customer support.