The following is a list of some products and services that we recommend and (in most cases) have experience with. These are all companies we trust and hope that prove some benefit to you as well. If you know of any other product or service you have benefited from – please let us know. We’d love to hear about them.
(Note that many of the links are affiliate links – meaning we may get compensation if you buy through the links – of course, at no cost to you).
- PerkStreet Financial – This is a great online bank that offers free ATM services (40k locations), up to 5% back on debit card transactions and free online tools/advice.
- FamZoo - Great website for helping teach your child about money matters.
- Ask a Financial Advisor – NerdWallet has put this great resource together where you can ask actual advisors questions and even find the right one for you.
- Debt-Proof Living – Mary Hunt (who we’ve mentioned before) has a money management plan that can get you on the road to financial freedom, get out of debt and stay out. You can use coupon code 3thrifty for 15% off a 12 month membership (retail $29, discount of $4.35 with coupon so less than $25 for a year).
- Blogging Your Passion 101 - A beginner’s course to starting a blog and finding your niche.
- The Total Money Makeover - This is the book that started it all for me (Aaron). Dave Ramsey explains in easy-to-understand language how to better manage your money and get out of debt. This is a must read for anyone who is at their wits end and needs some encouragement to get on the right track. It’s full of inspiring stories of folks who also hit rock bottom and turned their situation around.
- Millionaire Teacher - This book by fellow financial blogger, Andrew Hallam, is a must read – especially if you are clueless about best practices for investing. Hallam tells you in understandable language how to increase your odds of improving your financial picture and puts you on the road to becoming a millionaire.
- The Treasure Principle - One of the most influential books about how to relate money and spirituality. Was a life-changer for me (Aaron).
- Amazon Gift Cards - I actually love getting gift cards because you can use the money on whatever you want. Plus, I’m cheap – so getting a gift I have to spend helps me alleviate any guilt I feel in spending our own money! (goofy, I know)
- LegalZoom.com - From creating a will – to getting incorporated for a business – LegalZoom is a great resource for any and all legal documents you may need.
- PainCamp.com – If you live with chronic pain, this site aims to help others manage their pain and move on with their lives.
- MarketSamurai – Great SEO tool to help you achieve better rankings in the search engines. A must have for any business wanting to compete online today.
- Dreamhost - I’ve been with Dreamhost since 2006 and have been a satisfied customer. Many times they will run some good deals – including free domain names with the purchase of hosting services.
- Code Garage - If you have a website you want to protect / safeguard, these are the guys to call. They offer back-ups of your site and security monitoring – to protect against any hackers. Peter at Code Garage has bailed us out more than once.
- The Theme Foundry – TTG uses their Vigilance theme. We love the simplicity of their designs and they have excellent customer support.