Three Thrifty Guys are here to help you keep a few more bucks in your pocket. We will be sharing our life experiences, tips and deals with you. Thanks for joining us. We’d love to hear from you about how you are keeping a few more bucks in your pocket!
An IT professional, Charlie also buys and sells liens, lives on the cheap, runs marathons and helps to run his family farm. In his spare moments, he raises 3 children, does the dishes and writes one post a week. His blog, Frugal Retirement Plan has been cited by US News and World Report.
Read articles by Charlie
An ESL teacher, he is reaping the rewards of implementing an effective financial plan. He lives worry-free and is excited about the future even though he is only earning 20% of what he used to earn teaching. In his spare time he enjoys Salsa dancing and writing fiction.
Read articles from Eddie
Helped start Three Thrifty Guys with his friends Charlie and Mark after being inspired by how they lived their lives “on the thrift”. A designer by day, Aaron was once $40k in debt. After 5 years – he dug himself out and lives to tell about it. Aaron also blogs at the StarTribune.
Read more from Aaron
Laurie is a wife, mother to 4, and homesteader who blogs about personal finance, self-sufficiency and life in general over at The Frugal Farmer. Part witty, part introspective and part silly, her goal in blogging is to help others find their way to financial freedom, and to a simpler, more peaceful life.
Read more from Laurie
Born and raised in Chicago, he currently resides in the city with his wife and son. Previously a big spender on games and movies, he learned to appreciate thriftiness while unemployed for seven months. He now works in marketing and HR for a Christian trust company, and manages their personal finance blog.
Read articles from Ruser
- MSN Money “‘Fat Finger Discounts’ Cost Us All“
- Reuters “New Ways to Get Help on Your Taxes“
- American Express (Serve) “Four Ways to Save Money Through Social Media“
- Jean Chatzky “How to Save Money at Trader Joes“
- Time.com “It’s Your Money“
- LifeHacker.com “Tips to Negotiate with Just About Anyone“
- LifeHacker.com “Now May be a Good Time to Ask for a Raise“
- LifeHacker.com “How to Weed Out a Good Financial Advisor from the Bad“
- LifeHacker.com “Use Separate Bank Accounts to Avoid Single Point of Failure“
- LifeHacker.com “Spend Less with a Smaller Wallet or Pocketbook“
- StarTribune.com “Is Walmart Really Cheaper than Cub?“
- TwinCities.com “Best Local Blogs“
- KTXL Fox 40 “Beat the System: Avoid Hidden Fees“
- US News & World Report “How to Survive an Unemployment Spell“
Three Thrifty Guys is an independent entity and does not write for any businesses or organization. We are not financial professionals, but share based on our own experience and knowledge. From time to time, we will write reviews of money-related websites for a nominal fee. If you’d like a review, please contact us.