As I’ve invested a lot in my Ooma home phone service, I decided to stack up my investment even more, and get the Ooma Wireless + Bluetooth Adapter. I want to have the flexibility to put my base phone unit anywhere in the house. The Ooma Wireless + Bluetooth Adapter with USB connection allows me to be able to make this move. As I unboxed and demonstrated in the setup video, here are a few things you need first.
- Ooma base unit
- Network cable
- Phone and analog cable
As the Quick Start Guide that is included with the unit explains, it is extremely easy to setup. The instructions come with three easy steps. These steps took about 3-5 minutes to complete and I was well on my way to having wireless freedom with my Ooma. Here are the steps I followed:
- Install the wireless adapter in the back of your Ooma base unit
- Connect your home computer to your Ooma device via network cable (use the home port on the Ooma device)
- Configure wireless settings by going to setup.ooma.com (you can bring up a command prompt on your computer and ping “setup.ooma.com”, which will test your local connection via the network cable)
Here is a short video I made on how to setup Ooma wireless adapter.
In order to setup the Ooma Bluetooth Adapter to either a cell phone or hands free device, then follow the three easy steps below.
- Go to setup.ooma.com and select Bluetooth. Type in a Bluetooth Service Name, enable Bluetooth Service (and you can allow Bluetooth audio transfer), and then click Update & Add device
- Clicking add and you will see your Bluetooth device. Select it, and click next
- Note the default pin, and click add
Now your Ooma Bluetooth Adapter is connected to your Bluetooth device. Since I set it up, I was really impressed with the functionality of using the Bluetooth services. It was neat how when my cell phone is called that it rings both my home phone system (with caller id showing it through my cell) and my cell phone. Here are a few print screens from my setup that may benefit you.
Hope you enjoy the Ooma Wireless + Bluetooth Adapter as much as I do! Let me know your thoughts if you are using it and any comments below.
This article has been brought to you by our friends at Ooma. All opinions expressed are 100% the authors.