How to Make Swiffer Wet Jet Refill
About three years ago I was sick of paying $4.99 for the Swiffer Wet Jet Refills, and wanted a cheaper solution. I could have gone with the classical mop and bucket route, but I liked the design and functionality of the Swiffer Wet Jets. So I started playing around with refill bottles and started looking how I could refill them on my own. After working with the cap for about 10 minutes in the garage and gathering some cleaning fluid I came up with the following process to remove my swiffer wet jet bottle and refill it for about $.10/bottle. Here are the steps I use to refill my wet jet bottles and save me and my family a ton of money!
- Supplies needed – Pledge floor cleaner, 1.47L of water, 1/4 measuring cup, wise grip, and an empty Swiffer wet jet bottle.
- Remove wet jet cap – use the vice grip to take it off counter clockwise
- Add Pledge – add about 1/8 of a cup (half the 1/4 measuring cup) to the empty swiffer bottle.
- Add Water – add warm water to the swiffer bottle
- Screw on cap – by hand
- Secure cap with wrench
- Insert full bottle into swiffer wet jet – enjoy your new refilled wet jet bottle that only cost you $0.10
Now to compound your savings even more look at making your own wet jet pads. Here is a great tutorial blog on how to make your own wet jet pads that are reusuable and environmentally friendly (washable).
Happy cleaning and saving money!