The 2012 Personal Finance Challenge
“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb
What would a new year be without setting some resolutions?
With that, we are announcing our 2012 Personal Finance Challenge!
What is this all about?
We believe one of the hardest things about keeping a new years resolution is the lack of support. We hope to fix that with this challenge. Join other TTG readers (and us) as we strive to make 2012 our best personal finance year to date!
There are 10 Challenges we’ve laid out in a PDF we are hoping to finish in 2012. Maybe some of you have done these already – great. If not, print out the PDF and then post it some where it will have visibility. Complete the tasks by years end, send it to us and your entry will be included in a drawing in early 2013 for $100!
The challenges include the following:
- Create a $1k Emergency Fund
- Get a Term Life Insurance Policy
- Cut Wasteful Spending
- Read a Book on Personal Finance
- Cut Your Debt by 5% or More
- Tithe 5% or More of Your Income
- Start a Side Gig
- Start a File For Your 2012 Taxes
- Sell Your Crap
- Complete a DIY (Do-it-yourself) Project
How do I sign up?
Easy. You’ll need to pre-register on the form below, then download and print-out the task list!
Go for it! Feel free to come back to the site and this post for any updates. Also, if you have questions, contact us or jot it down in the comment section below.
We wish you all the best in 2012!
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- Friday Finds 2/28 - February 28, 2014
- Off the Grid and Living Simply in a 14×14, $2k House – Interview with LaMar Alexander - February 21, 2014
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards (for the Thrifty and Last-minute Guy or Gal) - February 14, 2014